During my meditation practice with Anne I was introduced to the concept of chakras. It took me a while to get my head around them, and I longed to see the colours and experience the things that others did in the group when doing chakra work. Patience is not one of my strong points but, as I found, the more you want (or attach to) something the less likely it is to happen.
The 7 chakras are the energy centres in our body through which energy flows. It is believed that blocked energy in our chakras can lead to illness, so it’s important to important to keep this energy flowing freely. As a quick summary, the 7 chakras are as follows:
1. Root Chakra – at the base of the spine/tailbone area, represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded (linked to survival issues such as financial independence, money, food)
2. Sacral Chakra – in the lower abdomen, represents our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences (linked to a sense of abundance, wellbeing, pleasure, sexuality)
3. Solar Plexus Chakra –in the upper abdomen/stomach, represents our ability to be confident and in control of our lives (linked to self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem)
4. Heart Chakra – in the centre of the chest just above the heart, represents our ability to love (linked to love, joy, inner peace)
5. Throat Chakra – in the throat, represents our ability to communicate (linked to communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth)
6. Third Eye Chakra – on the forehead between the eyes, represents our ability to focus on and see the big picture (linked to intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions)
7. Crown Chakra – at the very top of the head, represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually (linked to inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss)
The chakras are linked to the colours of the rainbow, starting with the root chakra which is red, up to the crown chakra which is violet. I do find chakras interesting, and think I will do some more work with them as a result of this post.
Until tomorrow, love and energy centres, sm x